The event Social economy and social innovation days in Istria was organized by the two Croatian partners in the projec, Public Institution Regional Coordinator for European Programmes and Funds of the Region of Istria and the Foundation for Partnership and Civil Society Development.
The event was held as part of + Resilient project, co-financed by the Programme Interreg MED 2014-2020 in 4 Istrian cities: Pula, Buje, Rovinj and Poreč.
Two panel discussions and an interactive workshop were held in Pula. The topic of the first panel was the importance of social entrepreneurship and social innovation for the development of the local community, and the guest panelists were: Lana Lovašić, consultant for social innovation, Kristina Afrić Rakitovac, University of Pula, Kristian Korunić, business consultant and Vjeran Piršić, President of the Eco Kvarner Association. The second panel discussion highlighted the importance of measuring social impact, whether we are implementing a project, a program, or runnig a business. The discussion was attended by Darko Ciglar, social impact expert and Sonja Grozić-Živolić, Head of the Board for Health and Social Welfare of the Istrian County. In the second part of the programme, an interactive workshop "Social innovation for common solutions of local problems: RECYCLING - an opportunity for entrepreneurship and the creation of new values" was held, moderated by Vjeran Piršić, Lana Lovasić and Helga Možé.
Three other interactive social workshops were held in Buje and Rovinj with the focus on childern and youngsters and Poreč where the topic was economy and entrepneureship.
As part of the event, an exhibition providing information about the project and presenting 9 social innovation ideas and social business models developed within the project activities in Istria traveled from Pula through Buje, Poreč and Rovinj. The exhibition is now set up in the headquarters of Region of Istria in Pula and will be open to public until the end of the project on 30th April 2022.
Here is the list of social innovation ideas and social business models developed in Istria:
1. Collecting old paper for the benefit of the local community - Social Cooperative Corbis
2. Support centre 521 for people with disabilities - City of Pula
3. House of Philanthropy "Feel good house" - Foundation for Partnership and Civil Society Development
4. Puppet company Merlinci - Association for Promotion of Creativity Merlin
5. Museum in Silence, Dialogue in Silence - Association of the Deaf of the Istrian County
6. Solidarity laundry of the Homeless Shelter Pula - Red Cross Society Pula
7. Community Radio Rojc - Association of Rojc
8. Regional Centre for Development of Social Innovation „ReCeD'Istria“ - Foundation for Partnership and Civil Society Development
9. Storytelling Centre Pula – Association Istra Inspirit
+Resilient project objective is encouraging the development of social entrepreneurship and social innovation and networking of all stakeholders and decision makers who can help in this process.